• Navigation:
  • Start
  • »
  • OUR PROJECTS
  • »
  • CREMATION IN THE THIRD REICH
  • »
  • MUNICIPAL CREMATORIUM BRANDEBURG an DER HAVEL

MUNICIPAL CREMATORIUM BRANDEBURG an DER HAVEL

Between August 1944 and January 1945 the dead prisoners from Belzig a sub camp of Sachsenhausen will be transported in trucks to the municipal crematorium in Brandendburg an Der Havel. After January 1945 the dead prsioners will be buried in the Belziger Gertraudten cemetary. It is estimated there were between 150 and 200 dead.

Belzig was opened in August 1944 with prisoners sent from Ravensbruck.

The sub camp Genthin (of Ravensbruck from 18 June 1944 to September 1944 and afterwards Sachsenhausen) transported its dead prisoners to Brandenburg for cremation.

Source: Benz, Wolfgang and Distel, Barbara. Der Ort Des Terror. Band 3. C.H Beck 2006

See also: